Monday, November 15, 2010

Module 5

I am fairly comfortable with podcasting but I must say that as yet I have not made this a learning tool in my Year Six classroom. I am particularly keen to use it in the classroom as I do have quite a number of podcasts on my own personal iPod. Finding the time is an old cliche but it is so true with so many other demands made of your time. Frustrating indeed!!
Vodcasting also has the potential of being an excellent tool in the learning environment as it has, along with podcasting, the ability to be used by the students at their own pace.
I have been using Youtube in the classroom for quite some time now (when the privileges are there!!) and I see it as a very user-friendly resource- powerful in its delivery and potential. The number of video clips both educational and instructional is absolutely 'mind-blowing!' Youtube can enhance learning because of its immediate impact visually. Being very selective of its content is absolutely critical as many uploads are misinformed and utterly incorrect in terms of its content. Nevertheless, the positives of this fascinating tool far outway any negatives and I for one will continue to use it as a means to captivate my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment